This recipe was sent in by Charlene, Stonington, ME
1 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Shortening
2 Eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Fresh Blueberries
2 T Flour to be mixed with blueberries
2/3 cups Milk
2 cups Flour
2-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Almond or Lemon Extract
- Cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Fold in berry and flour mixture.
1/3 cup Sugar
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over top of cake before baking.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 50 minutes.